Markowitz, H., 1952. ?Portfolio selection.? Journal of Finance 7, 77±91.
Markowitz, H., 1959. ?Portfolio Selection: Efficient Diversification of Investments,? Wiley, New York.
Sharpe, William F., 1964. ?Capital Asset Prices: A Theory of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions of Risk.? Journal of Finance, vol. 19, no. 3, 425 - 442.
Treynor, J., 1965. ?How to Rate Management of Investment Funds.? Harvard Business Review 43, 63±75.
Treynor, J., Mazuy, K., 1966. ?Can Mutual Funds Outguess the Market?? Harvard Business Review 44, 131±136.
Sharpe, W.,1966. ?Mutual Fund Performance.? Journal of Business 39, 119±138.
Sharpe, W., 1967. ?A Simplifed Model of Portfolio Analysis.? Management Science 13, 277±293.
Cohen, K., Pogue, J., 1967. ?An Empirical Evaluation of Alternative Portfolio Selection Models.? Journal of Business 46, 166±193.
Friend, I., Blume, M., Crockett, J., 1970. ?Mutual Funds and Other Institutional Investors,? McGraw-Hill, New York.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Padberg, M.W., 1976. ?Simple Criteria for Optimal Portfolio Selection.? Journal of Finance 11 (5), 1341±1357.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Padberg, M.W., 1977. ?Simple Rules for Optimal Portfolio Selection: the Multi Group Case.? Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 12 (3), 329±345.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Padberg, M.W., 1978a. ?Simple Criteria for Optimal Portfolio Selection: Tracing Out the Efficient Frontier.? Journal of Finance 13 (1), 296±302.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Padberg, M.W., 1978b. ?Simple Criteria for Optimal Portfolio Selection with Upper Bounds.? Operation Research.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Padberg, M.W., 1979. ?Simple Criteria for Optimal Portfolio Selection: the Multi-Index Case.? In: Elton, Gruber (Editors), ?Portfolio Theory: 25 Years Later.? North-Holland, Amsterdam.
Chen, S., Brown, S., 1983. ?Estimation Risk and Simple Rules for Optimal Portfolio Selection.? Journal of Finance 38, 1087±1093.
Henriksson, R., 1984. ?Market Timing and Mutual Fund Performance.? Journal of Business 57, 73±96.
Brinson, G. P., Hood, L. R., & Beebower, G. L., 1986. ?Determinants of Portfolio Performance.? Financial Analyst Journal, vol. 42, no. 4, 39-44.Lehmann, B., Modest, D., 1987. ?Mutual Fund Performance Evaluation: A Comparison of Benchmarks and Benchmark Comparisons.? Journal of Finance 42, 223±265.
Harry M. Markowitz, 1990, ?Foundations of Portfolio Theory,? Nobel Lecture, December 7, 1990, Baruch College, The City University of New York, New York, USA
Merton, R.C., 1990. ?Continuous Time Finance,? Basil Blackwell, Oxford.
Fama, Eugene F., 1991. ?Efficient Capital Markets: II.? Journal of Finance, vol. 46, no. 5, 1575 - 1617.
Brinson, Gary P., Singer, Brian D. & Beebower, Gilbert L., 1991. ?Determinants of Portfolio Performance II: An Update.? Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 47, no. 3, 40 - 48.
Black, F., & Litterman, R. (1992). ?Global Portfolio Optimization.? Financial Analysts Journal.
Sharpe, W., 1992. ?Asset Allocation: Management Style and Performance Measurement.? Journal of Portfolio Management 18, 7±19.
Grinblatt, M., Titman, S., 1992. ?The Persistence of Mutual Fund Performance.? Journal of Finance 47, 1977±1984.
Hendricks, D., Patel, J., Zeckhauser, R., 1993. ?Hot Hands in Mutual Funds: The Persistence of Performance, 1974±1988.? Journal of Finance 48, 93±130.
Sharpe, W., 1994. ?The Sharpe Ratio.? Journal of Portfolio Management, 49±57.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., 1995. ?Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis,? 5th ed. Wiley, New York.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Blake, C.R., 1996a. ?The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance.? Journal of Business 69, 153±157.
Elton, E.J., Gruber, M.J., Blake, C.R., 1996b. ?Common Factors in Mutual Fund Returns.? Unpublished working paper, New York University.
Edwin J. Elton a, Martin J. Gruber 1997 ?Modern Portfolio Theory, 1950 to date,? Journal of Banking & Finance 21, 1997,1743±1759 Connor, G., Korajzcyk, R., 1991. ?The Attributes, Behavior and Performance of U.S. Mutual Funds.? Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, ISSN 0924-865X, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, January 1991, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 5-26.
Ibbotson, Roger G. and Paul D. Kaplan, 2000. ?Does Asset Allocation Policy Explain 40, 90, or 100 Percent of Performance?? Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 56, no. 1, 26 - 33.
David Swensen, 2000. ?Pioneering Portfolio Management: An Unconventional Approach to Institutional Investment?. Free Press.
Mark Rubinstine, 2002. ?Markowitz Portfolio Selection, a 50 Year Perspective,? Journal of Finance, vol LVII, No. 3, June 2002.
David Swensen, 2005. ?Unconventional Success: A Fundamental Approach to Personal Investment.? ISBN 0-7432-2838-3, Free Press Bogle, J., 2009. ?Common Sense on Mutual Funds.? Wiley.
Malkiel, B., 2012. ?A Random Walk Down Wall Street.? W. W. Norton & Company.
Mangram, Myles E. 2013. ?A Simplified Perspective of the Markowitz Portfolio Theory?, Global Journal of Business Research, v. 7 (1) pp. 59-70, 2013.
Malkiel, B. & Ellis, C., 2013. ?The Elements of Investing.? John Wiley & Sons.
This is an actual mutual fund Universe Graph as available in the FundReveal-Advisor Report. Dotted line is the observed "Efficient Frontier." Gray dots are actual performance of 25,000+ fund symbols (stock, bond, commodity, conservative, active, passive, domestic, international funds etc. Almost none are "Efficient," creating an opportunity for finding the right funds that can optimize the portfolio.
Model results shown with permission of Investor Empowerment Inc. Copyright 2014, Investment Risk Management Systems Inc.
You the reader understand and agree to the following:
(1) This document, website and information contained herein are the property of Investment Risk Management Systems Inc. (IRMS), and are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. This document, website, its contents, or information are only for the purposes of performance analysis, and are neither intended to be, nor are advice of your past, current or future financial decisions, actions or inactions. You are at your own risk in using this information to draw any conclusions or arrive at any decisions, actions or inactions, financial or otherwise. You may not reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, publish or broadcast this information; nor shall you use this information in connection with creating, promoting, trading, marketing products without the express written consent of IRMS. You are entitled to use the contents for your private, non-commercial use only. IRMS makes no warranties of any kind, whether explicit or implied, about the meaning, usefulness, applicability, completeness, correctness or accuracy of the contents of this document and website. No content, concepts, data, results, information, suggestions, graphs, tables or observations in this document or website are intended for financial or other advice, trading, investing or other financial actions, inactions, or dealing with any financial instruments; they shall not be construed to be advice, direction or suggestions for any financial or non-financial thinking, inactions or actions undertaken by the reader. IRMS or its management or employees are not registered financial advisors, nor planners, are not registered with the SEC or any governing agency, and do not hold licenses for any investment advice, trading, brokerage or planning. IRMS or its management or employees shall not be liable for any punitive, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, other tangible or intangible losses, mental or physical pain or suffering caused by the use of the contents, or reliance on the contents of this document or website in any manner. The reader agrees to indemnify and hold IRMS, its management and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys' fees or other costs.
(2) All third parties referenced are registered trade names or trademarks or service marks of the respective third parties.
(3) FundRevealSM and SHOWMETM are registered service and trademarks belonging to IRMS.
(4) "I hereby declare and agree that I am using information from this service only for my personal use, and not for any commercial use, or dissemination to others. If I am a financial advisor, planner, fund manager, broker, or other financial industry or investment professional, I will so accurately declare my profession in this registration form, and will abide by the agreement and declaration as above. I will be held liable to IRMS for financial and other damages if I disseminate or use this information for my fee based, commission based clients or for other free services provided to my clients or non-clients."
(5) Information collected through www.fundreveal-advisor.com ("Web site") includes information collected automatically and information you submit. Information you submit through this Web site via input form, electronic mail (email), as an attachment to an email, or other method, is used only by IRMS and its employees, agents, contractors, and those acting on behalf of IRMS to fulfill delivery of a requested service or information. To contact IRMS by means other than email, visit our contact page for more information.